April’s Monthly Mission is continuing on, and if I’m honest I’d have to admit complete and utter shock at how little I’ve struggled with not eating wheat products. In fact, each of the past two weeks people have brought muffins and donut holes to Sunday School, and I really haven’t struggled to say no to them. And if you had told me I’d face that kind of temptation before the month started, I’d have told you there would be no way I’d make it. So, I guess maybe I’m winning.
I’ve started to notice some changes during the course of this month that are making me really consider adopting a relatively wheat free lifestyle. I will explore each of these completely subjective observation next week with a post recapping the entire month’s experience, but I’ll at least mention a few here.
- I’m eating less this month without feeling hungry very often.
- I’m much less gassy.
- I’m eating healthier, real food. (It’s almost amazing how many processed foods contain wheat)
- I’m enjoying it.
So far, with a week to go, I’d label this month a success. I feel better, eat less, and haven’t noticed any negative changes. Win, win, and win.
I’m still eating too much ice cream, but that may be another battle for another day.
- Wheat Free April Progress Report I (dkfitsolutions.wordpress.com)
- Where’s the Wheat? Monthly Mission April 2012 (dkfitsolutions.wordpress.com)
- 30 days is all it takes… (towheatornot.wordpress.com)