There are no shortage of New Year’s Resolution posts that will be popping up all over WordPress and other blog sites in the next few days.
So while I understand that it would be easy for this post to get lost in the shuffle, I need to put my plans for 2014 out there for the world to see. Because by putting my plans and goals for the year in writing, I’m making them more real than if I were to just keep them to myself.
And that’s why I love all the New Year’s Resolution posts.
We all know how hard it can be to keep your resolutions, but if you make them public it gets just a little bit easier. Your friends can ask how you are progressing, and you may find a friend with similar goals that can partner with you so can keep each other accountable.
What’s In Store for DK FitSolutions in 2014?
- Avg. 18 Appointments/Week–I need to continue to grow my business and expand my client base. 18 appointments would be a really sweet spot for me (though a few more would be ideal), and it’s totally doable. Right now, I’m below this number so I need to work towards continued growth in January and beyond.
- Create a Better Blog Schedule, & Follow It–I’ve been working on building this website and blog for a couple of years now, and I’ve had spurts of growth here and there. I get serious about writing for a few weeks, see lots of traffic to the blog, get lots of new subscribers, and then I don’t write for a few weeks and all the progress grinds to a halt. This year, not only am I going to work on a regular posting schedule, but I’m going to try and plan out posts farther in advance, instead of just staring at the keyboard trying to come up with something to write about so I can have a post for the day. I’ve started series posts before, and left them hanging. But not this year. I’m making a schedule and staying on it.
- 20+ Video Posts–I dabbled with vlogging a little bit in 2013, but I want to do more. The biggest problem I have is that I’m doing all of my recording with either my iPhone, iPad, or computer. While some of my early 2014 vlog posts will be created in a similar fashion, ideally I’ll be able to at least get a small digital camcorder and tripod soon to make some better videos. The lighting might still suck, and the background will still be who knows what in or around the house, but it’ll hopefully be a step in the right direction.
- Partner with a Local Business–When I originally started this business, my goal was to work with a few local businesses to implement employee health programs. The reception I get at most business has been tepid, to put it mildly, so I made the pivot to the in-home personal training. I love what I’m doing with individuals, and the impact it’s making on their lives, but I still want to do some work with business large or small in Lakeland. Time to make it happen.
- Provide THE Best Customer Service of Any Personal Trainer in Lakeland–Let’s be honest, there are no shortage of personal trainers and places to work out in Lakeland. But there’s no reason that I can’t be the best when it comes to caring about and for my clients. By being willing to go the extra mile, be flexible regarding last minute scheduling issues, and constantly over-delivering on personalized workouts for each client, I can become the go to mobile personal trainer in Lakeland.
- Create an Account on Pinterest–I may not totally understand Pinterest, but plenty of people do. I’ve been reading some books on better utilizing social media, and for what I do, a Pinterest account is a must. It may not be much right away, but I’ll have the account created ASAP.
So there they are. All are doable, but all will require regular work and perseverance in order to be successful.
And that’s part of the reason for putting them out there. Hopefully, a few of you will regularly ask me how things are going and help me to stay accountable, because I know I’m going to need the help and encouragement from time to time. Thanks in advance.
If I can help you stay on track for your 2014 goals/resolutions, I’d love to help you. Shoot me a tweet (@dkfitsolutions) to let me know what you’ll be working on, and I’ll follow up sporadically to see how you’re doing. Succeeding on your own can be tough, but a little nudge to keep you on track might be all the help you ultimately need. I’d be honored to be the nudger.
Do You Make Resolutions Every Year? What are Your Resolutions for 2014?
- Fear of New Year’s Resolution’s? (simplystewards.wordpress.com)
- New Year’s Resolutions Party (itsyourpartyeveryday.wordpress.com)
- 5 ways to actually keep your New Year’s resolutions! (traditsiya.wordpress.com)
- How to Succeed with New Year’s Resolutions Once And for All (brothermurf.wordpress.com)
- Make a new kind of New Year’s resolution (q13fox.com)